Applying to Sixth Form
1. Fill in the THA application form (please print in capital letters) and either post or drop the form into the Academy before the closing date. Applications can also be forwarded onto firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Following the closing date passing, you will be written to in the spring and invited in for an interview. Sporting Excellence students will be invited in for a trial and an interview.
3. When you come in for an interview, you will need to bring your most recent school report and give us the details of someone at school that we can contact for a reference for you. Your interview will take about 20 to 30 minutes.
4. Following your interview we will ask for a reference from your referee. Failure of your referee to provide this will delay your application.
5. Once we have your reference we will either make you a conditional offer in writing or none at all. You will receive this letter in late spring/ early summer.
6. If you received a conditional offer you will be sent the THA Sixth Form joining information in the summer, complete with all the forms you will need to enrol.
7. Once you have your results in the summer, you will then need to come to our enrolment session in August/September; when we will check that you have the right entry requirements. If you do have the grades and all the necessary paperwork you will be e nrolled and given more information about your first day. If you do not, we will see if there is anything else we can offer you, if we cannot, or you do not want to take our alternative offer, you are free to look for another place elsewhere.
You should apply for several places at different schools/ colleges to give yourself more choice. Do not restrict yourself to applying for just one course. If you don’t have the grades, we will not be able to offer you a place.