BTEC National Certificate - Performance Excellence - Soccer
Watford F.C Football Development Programme
Watford FC in partnership with The Harefield Academy present:
The Watford FC Post-16 Football Development Programme
Watford FC have proudly extended their post 16 programme to include the country's first ever Football Development Squad linked to a professional club. The programme hosted at The Harefield Academy will provide successful applicants with the opportunity to be involved in a provision that closely mirrors the programme offered to Watford FC's first and second year scholars. Watford FC continuously monitors the progression of the development of squad players.
Opportunities offered by the programme:
Opportunities to play in the following leagues:
- English Colleges Football Association League
- Football Conference Youth Alliance League
- Rymans Youth League
- Access to sports injury assessment, treatment and rehab with a Sports Therapist
- Students will normally receive eight hours of fitness training per week that is sports specific. Gym sessions, circuit training, core stability, flexibility, speed, agility, specifically designed to improve physical performance.
- Additional coaching / officiating awards
The development programme has led to a number of footballing successes with students either currently on trial or having experience with professional football clubs.
- 6 players trialled with Watford F.C.
- 1 player trialled with Tottenham Hotspur F.C.
- 2 players currently trialling for Barnet F.C.
- 1 player selected for English School boys U18
- 1 player selected for English Colleges National Team (under 19's).
- 18 players selected for Middlesex County U17/18 matches
- 1 player selected for South Africa Under 20's training camp
- 1 player selected for the national team in the Under 20's CONCACAF
|Application Form 2012-13 (71kb)|
|External Applcations - Reference and Grade Sheet (183kb)|