27th May 2021
The Trustees of The Harefield Academy wish to recruit a Parent Trustee to the Board to support the strategic management of the school.
As a Parent Trustee you will have:
- The chance to make a real difference to our students by ensuring effective safeguarding, high quality education and advanced opportunity.
- An insight into the wider perspective of the school through long-term planning.
- The ability to develop skills in strategic management at board level.
- The opportunity to work with our team of Trustees and staff in developing our school, managing resource and driving up standards.
- Training and support to develop an understanding of specific management issues.
Trustees meet twice each term in the evening. Our Trustees are also expected to join one of two sub-committees which scrutinise effective use of resources and educational standards. On occasion there may be additional duties required, such as supporting key events in the school calendar, joining a working party or forming a review panel.
No previous experience is required and the successful candidate will have access to a range of online and in-house resource plus access to appropriate training to support them in their role.
We encourage applications from all members of the parent community, regardless of background, gender, ethnicity, disability or age (as long as you're over 18). If there is more than one applicant an election by secret ballot will be held.
Please find an application form on the below attachment.
If you have any queries or would like to request a copy of the application form please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please return your completed application form to The Harefield Academy addressed to Sue Littman, Clerk to Governors no later than 5pm on Friday 18th June 2021. Electronic copies are acceptable, please return to email@example.com
Chair of Trustees