Personal, Social, Health, Education (PSHE)
PSHE is about equipping students for the skills they will need on their journey through The Harefield Academy into adulthood. PSHE is about being a moral and responsible citizen able to interact socially with others in a variety of settings. It is about good thinking, good living – these are life skills. Students will be taught to recognise what they can achieve and how to get there.
The course covers the PSHE and Citizenship curriculum.
Topics to be covered during Year 7-10 will include:
- Successful learners
- Rights and responsibilities
- Health and Wellbeing
- Healthy relationships
- British Values and British Society
- Money, Finance and Careers
- Resilience, Mental Health and Bullying
- Understanding Risk - including the dangers of drugs, tobacco and other drugs
- Personal Safety