Sporting Excellence Programme
'Developing student athletes and future leaders!'
Welcome to the Sporting Excellnce Programme, below is a breakdown of the options students have within the programme for sport and academic studies. Hopefully this will explain everything but if you have any questions please feel free to contact us.
Core aims of the programme
· Provide young sportsmen and women with the opportunity to train on a daily basis in their chosen sport with an academic timetable that compliments their training.
· Provide an excellent academic provision of A-levels and BTEC's.
· Provide additional support to enhance their sporting performance covering nutrition, sports therapy, sports psychology, fitness and conditioning.
'Outstanding Education that enhances Athlete Development!'
Those who join us are considered as 'Student Athletes' and must focus on their academic studies as well as their training committments.
Students can choose:
- 100% A-level qualifications
- Combination of A-level's and BTEC qualifications
- 100% BTEC qualifications
Please read our Sixth Form Prospectus to see a full list of the qualifications we offer.
Many sport students take either A-level PE or Level 3 BTEC Sport and below is a brief overview of these courses with more detail to be found in the prospectus.
70% Theory and 30% Practical assessment.
2 Year course
Level 3 BTEC Subsidiary Diploma in Sport (Performance & Excellence)
Equivalent to 1 A-level (typically delivered in year 12)
Level 3 BTEC Diploma in Sport (Performance & Excellence)
Equivalent to 2 A-levels (typically delivered in year 13)
Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma (Performance & Excellence)
Equivalent to 3 A-levels (typically delivered across both year 12 and 13)